- Open Outlook. You can find the program by clicking the “Start” button in the lower-left corner of your screen and selecting “All Programs,” “Microsoft Office” and then “Microsoft Office Outlook.”
- Click once on the email you want to turn into a task.
- Click the “Move to Folder” button at the top of the window to open a drop-down menu.
- Select either “Other Folder” or “Copy to Folder” to open a window of folder options. The former removes the email from your inbox and turns it into a task, and the latter leaves the email alone and creates the task as a copy.
- Select “Tasks” from the window, and then click the “OK” button to create the task.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the task, such as the due date or a reminder, and then click “Save & Close.
The line shown filters out all completed tasks.