Italian Shrimp Tortellini Bake
This Italian Shrimp Tortellini Bake is equally as easy to make as this Twenty Minute Easy Tortellini Bake and this Skillet Pizza Pasta Bake. It’s on the table in 30 minutes so there’s no reason to spend hours in the kitchen after a long day at work.
Write a review
- ¾ lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 9oz packages of whole wheat cheese tortellini (use regular if you're not a fan of whole wheat)
- 2 - 2½ C marinara or spaghetti sauce
- ½ - ¾ C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Set your broiler to high.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions and then set aside. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then toss with olive oil. Saute in an oven-safe skillet on medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside. You are now done with the stove so you may shut it off.
- Toss the cooked tortellini with the marinara sauce and then place in the skillet. Top with the shrimp and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- Use homemade or all natural tortellini to make it healthier.