Brisket Grilled Cheese
Write a review
- 8 slices Italian bread or Texas toast
- 1 heaping cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 heaping cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2-3 slices leftover brisket, shredded
- Spread about ½ tablespoon on one side of each piece of bread. To make a sandwich, place a piece of bread buttered-side down.
- Cover the unbuttered side with shredded Cheddar cheese, then a layer of brisket, followed by a layer of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place another piece of bread unbuttered side down on top. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- Heat a pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Cook 1 or 2 sandwiches at a time, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.