- 3½ to 4 lb. bone-in chicken parts;
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon;
- 1 tbsp. honey; (optional)
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder;
- 3 tbsp. olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
Ingredients for the lime butter
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro;
- ½ cup ghee, melted;
- 1 serrano chile, minced;
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- Freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, ground cinnamon, cocoa powder, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, if using, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well blended.
- Brush the chicken pieces with the sauce.
- Place the chicken on grill and cook for about 30 min (or until the chicken is cooked; the exact time will vary depending on what chicken parts you’re using).
- Combine all the ingredients for the lime butter in a bowl .
- Drizzle the lime butter over the chicken before serving.
Soure: Paleo Leap