- 2 large boneless chicken breasts (without the fillet)
- 2 long slices smoked gouda cheese (the thickness of the slices depends on how cheesy you want the dish)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a large, non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pat the chicken cutlets dry and butterfly the chicken slices open. Place one piece of cheese on top of one slice of deli ham and roll the deli ham around the cheese. Place the ham “packet” on top of one half of the butterflied chicken breast, and fold the other half over top. Use toothpicks to keep the edges sealed.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites with the water. Dip the chicken into the egg wash then into the bread crumbs. Place the chicken onto the baking sheet and spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked.
Source: 12 Tomatoes